Southwb, Estate Company Owner & Antique Dealer
Experience:  I have been in the estate liquidation and antique business for over 15 years.

how much is a 1847 roger bros spoon worth it has xs triple

how much is a 1847 roger bros spoon worth it has xs triple on it or is it all sterling silver or just plated it is a big table spoon with grape designs on it thanks ill be waiting for your answer
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Southwb replied 4 years ago.
Hello, 1847 Roger Bros XS triple spoons are mad of silverplate. The Triple means that the spoon was plated three times in silver and thus has a heavy silver plating over a base metal(may possibly be copper). There is no real silver value in the spoon as even though it is triple plated, it is less than a millimeter thick. I would place a value of $5-$10 dollars on you spoon depending on if the condition is good.

Thank You and please click Accept. Have a Great Day!!!