Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Antique Wood Stove by SM Howes Co. Boston Social No.13

Antique Wood Stove by SM Howes Co. Boston Social No.13 Some surface rust but could easily be cleaned up.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning

The SM Howes Co. Boston made wood buring stoves in Boston from the mid 1800's until around 1930, this stove is estimated to sell on the secondary market for an average of 850.00-900.00. I have seen these completely restored sell for as much as 2200.00 and up. This will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. Depending on condition and where it is for sale at the selling price may not bring the current fair market price.

If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you). We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.