Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have two framed paintings by Mario Carrero. Both appear

Customer Question

I have two framed paintings by Mario Carrero. Both appear to be on watercolor paper, so I don't think they are prints. One is of a plaza by the water with buildings, trees and boats. Many people strolling around and cars and a horse-drawn carriage. The other has a cathedral as it's main focus with other European buildings on the left side and again, with many people and cars.

My uncle who was a lifetime military man, and who was stationed all over the world, gave them to my mother many years ago. Could these be original works?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 years ago.
My name is Judith, and it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Please check the spelling of the artist's name for me.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

So sorry, it's Mario Carraro, not Carrero!

Thank you.

Thank you!

Mario Carraro (1896 - 1978) was an Italian artist, and is best known for his watercolors, drawings and oil paintings.

His watercolors are currently selling at auction in the range of $225 - $575.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already knew the biographical info on Mario Carraro. Since he has no auction history in the U.S., I'm wondering how you came up with the estimate of $225-$575 for his work?
I subscribe to an international art database, one that tracks auctions all over the world.