Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

I have a Wm Rogers serving tray. It is 18 inches. It has an

I have a Wm Rogers serving tray. It is 18 inches. It has an eagle and a star. It is also marked EVANDALE 1190. Is it worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

It's a silver plate tray. It's actually a serving platter. This star and eagle mark was used again off and on from the late 1800s until around 1940 after WM Rogers was absorbed by the International Silver Co. It likely dates to the early 1900s. Based on my guide books and past sales, the Evandale tray has a current market value estimate in the range of $25 to $45.
.
Prices will vary a bit depending on the condition of your pieces and where you try to it. Online markets (like Ebay) and garage sales do tend to go for less.
.
Craigslist is a worthy shot because it's free. Etsy and Amazon are turning about to be a great alternatives to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores, but they generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey, but they do get the "higher" paying customers.

http://www.bonanza.com and http://www.artfire.com are pretty good up and coming online sites.
.
You might check out the consignment cost with any local antique shops. Some places charge about 25% to 30% of final sell price, but in dealing local you generally have less competition. It's always worth checking out.
.
If I can be of any further help or if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.
.
Thanks and have a great weekend,
Diana