Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Glenda, what is a Karastan 784 Kirman 10 x 14 wool rug worth?

Glenda, what is a Karastan 784 Kirman 10 x 14 wool rug worth? It is approximately 45 years old, and in good condition with very little wear. I have a picture of it, but don't see a way to send it to you on this screen.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

Hi again.

I got your pictures. Thanks. It's late here, but I'll do some research here and get back with you first thing in the morning.

Thanks,

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's fine. Thank you!
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning

Your Karastan # XXXXX is currently estimated to sell on the secondary retail market for an average of 1500.00-1700.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. It will sell higher in an Antique Shop or private sale compared to at an auction. These are great rugs and retain their resale value pretty well. You might check your local area to see what they are getting for them around where you are, if they are selling low, then I would list it on the internet. On , ebay, etsy, craigslist or even Rubylane...

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions.

It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I Look forward to working with you again.

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Glenda, I have one more request. I have 2 brass table lamps, purchased in Okinawa in 1965. I do not know if they have any worth. It may be difficult for you to give me an estimate of value, but thought I would give it a try. I have attached a picture.lamps

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

Hello

These are currently estimated to sell for an average of 175.00-250.00 each depending on where they are for sale at. If you sell them be sure to advertise as Vintage 1960's Japanese Brass Table, Lamps, Carved. These brass lamps are of much better quality then what you find today.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Glenda, Thank you so much for your help. There is a local antique dealer I can work with.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

You are very welcome.

Have a great weekend

Glenda