Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles
54715563

I have a 1959 Tappan Fabulous 400 stove that works great. Trying

I have a 1959 Tappan Fabulous 400 stove that works great. Trying to sell but don't know what to start the price out at. Can you help
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
HI--could you please tell me the dimensions of your Tappan stove and note any defects?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
42 inches. Only defect is the big door needs a new screw to tighten it. I could fix that pretty easiliy. Other than that. Nothing really wrong at all. Works great.
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the update. This model and series is very popular with retro look folks, especially in fine condition. They are a bit bulky, however, compared to newer devices but replacement parts are readily available on the secondary market, which is a plus. I have located several in what appeared to be in similar condition and the prices ranged from a low of $175 to a high of $550. It is truly a case of finding the right buyer and market, and eBay would give you strong national exposure, for sure. Hope this helps guide you. Best, Will

=

After you have reviewed my answer, please press "ACCEPT" so I can be compensated by JustAnswer for the time and research efforts I personally put into your individual question.

Pressing "Accept" does not charge you anything additional; it just credits me for my work.

If you need more information, please press "REPLY" so I can assist you further.

Positive feedback is very much appreciated if you could kindly take a minute once the process is over to your satisfaction. If you have ANY reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question.

It is my personal goal to have you leave the site with the answer you needed!