Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

I have a 1959 Tappan Fabulous 400 stove that works great. Trying

I have a 1959 Tappan Fabulous 400 stove that works great. Trying to sell but don't know what to start the price out at. Can you help
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 4 years ago.
HI--could you please tell me the dimensions of your Tappan stove and note any defects?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
42 inches. Only defect is the big door needs a new screw to tighten it. I could fix that pretty easiliy. Other than that. Nothing really wrong at all. Works great.
Expert:  Will replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the update. This model and series is very popular with retro look folks, especially in fine condition. They are a bit bulky, however, compared to newer devices but replacement parts are readily available on the secondary market, which is a plus. I have located several in what appeared to be in similar condition and the prices ranged from a low of $175 to a high of $550. It is truly a case of finding the right buyer and market, and eBay would give you strong national exposure, for sure. Hope this helps guide you. Best, Will

After you have reviewed my answer, please press "ACCEPT" so I can be compensated by JustAnswer for the time and research efforts I personally put into your individual question.

Pressing "Accept" does not charge you anything additional; it just credits me for my work.

If you need more information, please press "REPLY" so I can assist you further.

Positive feedback is very much appreciated if you could kindly take a minute once the process is over to your satisfaction. If you have ANY reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question.

It is my personal goal to have you leave the site with the answer you needed!