Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have a 54" round antique tiger oak claw foot pedestal table.

I have a 54" round antique tiger oak claw foot pedestal table. The legs are hand carved and the base is substantial. The wheels on the feet are wooden. This was purchased by my family over 40 years ago and the antique dealer offered to buy it back for &1,000 back then. I would like to have a ballpark estimate for this table and about how old it is. Thanks for your help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer

Do not attach pictures or repsond to me in any email you get from Just Answer this will not reach the expert, they have to be uploaded to the message area of your question. So you will need to sign into Just Answer go to your account then go to your questions in order to find this question and upload a picture there.

It is important in valuing items if we can get a visual image of the item, if possible can you send a picture. There seems to be a conflict with sending a picture from your phone, so please upload them to your computer first if you can. Please include pictures of the back of the items. I will get back with you as soon as I do some research on this.

Keep in mind that from the time of your response to me, it can take longer then the 15 mins that is being promised somewhere, it can take some time in order to do proper, correct and honest research on items,and if you need me before I get back with you, just post me a message here and I will gladly respond to you even if I do not have your research complete at that time. Also if you see that is says on Just Answer that I am offline it means I am doing research and have just not refreshed the Just Answer Page, it does not mean I have left.

Here are instructions for sending several ways, be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
in jpeg form, no larger then 1 mb.

4 x 6 inch works best .

When you upload the picture you will be able to see it in this message box before you send it to me. If you are using a MAC or Google Chrome then you will need to use TinyPic!!!

This is very easy if you take it step by step!

You can send a photo to me , in this message box, you will see at the top the little paper clip, click on that.

then click on browse, another box will open up,

then click on browse in that box,

this will take you to your photos on your computer,

you click on the one you want to send , then click on the picture ,

then click open, this will put it in the second box you opened,

then click ok, then you are back to the first box click on insert.

The picture will show up in the message area before you send it to me, you should be able to see it.

You can see step by step instructions on this you tube video by clicking this link: if you cannot open it clicking on this, then copy and paste to your browser. ]

TinyPic is a good place to upload photos. You do have to have the images saved on your computer, but you can upload photos without having to register or give them any information.
1) Go to
2) The first thing you'll see is an upload page.
3) Click on "Browse".
4) Choose the image you want to upload.
5) Make sure the file type chosen is "Image".
6) In the "Resize" box, choose either "Website/Email" or "Message Board".
7) Click "Upload Now".You'll see a verification box pop up.
Just type in the words it shows and click "upload now". It might take a few minutes to upload.
Once it does, you'll be given 4 different viewing options.Just copy either the addresses in the "URL for E-Mail & IM" or "Direct Link for Layouts" and paste the link into the message box.

Or you can use, make it public and then paste link here.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

The 54" Round Antique Tiger Oak Claw Foot Pedestal Table circa: late 1800's early 1900's is currently estimated to sell on the secondary retail market ( known selling price ) for an average of $2400.00-2600.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. This will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. Depending on condition and where it is for sale at the selling price may not bring the current fair market price.

If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.