Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antiques Expert
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA
49865320

I have a Cabbage Patch doll from 1984, still in its original

I have a Cabbage Patch doll from 1984, still in its original box and also have Cabbage Patch Preemies still in there original box and am wondering what there value is today.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 4 years ago.

These Cabbage Patch dolls from 1984 in an original box have a price guide value in the range of 175.00-250.00 However market prices for the dolls are lower currently with the greater availablity of the dolls on the World wide web. These dolls have a value in very good condition in the range of 55.00-75.00...and often are seen selling even lower at auction and online as well in histories of the last 5-7 years.

The Preemie dolls originally dated to c.1980. These dolls also have market values which are down in the range of 35.00-60.00 so those selling these high on Ebay are really fishing for buyers today.

I hope this is not too disappointing. The dolls are not that old and have gone down in collectiblity even in original boxes and clothes..it is hard to see these selling so low...and much lower (under 30.00) across the US markets.

Best wishes, Dori

PS Please remember to press "accept" as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! Thank you.