Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

My mother left me a collection of coalport indian tree china

My mother left me a collection of coalport indian tree china and Booth's Blue Dragon china. How is the best way of getting a valuation and sale, please?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me what pieces you have in each style?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In the Indian Tree there are about 20 tea and coffee cups and saucers and a coffee pot and sandwhich plate.

The Blue Dragon looks like a full service, but has bee used.

I thought thre best thing to do would be to take some samples to Sotheby's in London?

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

When you say a full set of Blue Dragon do you mean a 8 place setting or 12?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

On your Coalport Indian Tree, the prices are currently on the secondary market for an average of tea cups- 25.00-30.00 each, coffee cups -30.00 each ,saucers -23.99 each coffee pot - 45.00-150.00 and sandwhich plate -35.00 each. Here are the prices on the Coalport Indian tree, can you tell me on the Blue Dragon is that Royal Worcester Blue Dragon? When I pull records on blue dragon that is what is coming up.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello. it just says Booths made in England on the bottom
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

The Booths Blue Dragon China Service circa: 1900-1912 for 8 ( 5pc place setting ) is currently valued on the secondary retail market for an average of 612.00 - 772.00 GBP,depending on the condition and where they are for sale at. They will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction unless a large auction house. Depending on condition and where it is for sale at the selling price may not bring the valued ( worth ) price.

If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.