TOPHATSELLS
TOPHATSELLS, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  CERTIFIED APPRAISERS GUILD OF AMERICA, 28 YRS EXP.
55588260

I have 4 B. Sziklay colored etchings, all pencil signed. Cant

I have 4 B. Sziklay colored etchings, all pencil signed. Cant read them though. Can only read the Venice one. Are they worth anything?

I also have 3 G. Dinchat water colors. There is an embossed rectangle arount them and pencil signed. There is a number system like 481-500, 120B-500, and 150c-500. what do I have?

Hello and Thank You for writing your Question to Just Answer!

[As a Certified Appraiser, I shall research your question and conduct any online appraisal in accordance with the professional ethics and guidelines of the Certified Appraisers Guild of America. Obviously, this online appraisal and/or answer to your antique/appraisal questions is limited to the information as supplied and/or representations of, the inquiry. Online Appraisals are thus limited in such scope and it is always advised to obtain a Certified Appraisal document from a Certified Appraiser that can actually personally examine the object(s), especially if such document may be used for bankruptcy, insurance, probate, divorce proceedings, or other situations where an appraiser may need to comment on / authenticate the Certified Appraisal in a court of law.]

From your submittal, I believe you have a nice item. I buy and sell similar through my Antiques Gallery. After researching recent sales data, comparables, and having knowledge of today's marketplace, depending on condition, regional differences, rarity, etc.,

I would place a Fair Market Value in the range of : $150-300 EACH- FOR THE BELA SZIKLAY HAND COLORED ETCHINGS. [ BELA SZIKLAY IS A LISTED ARTIST-BORN AND EDUCATED IN HUNGARY, SPENT HIS CAREER IN ITALY DOING ETCHINGS (SOME HAND COLORED, SOME BLACK INK) OF VENICE, ROME ETC LANDMARKS...CIRCA 1910 -1930'S]

AND

$100 OR LESS- EACH FOR THE DINCHAT WATERCOLORS

Many works of art have such a numbering system. It indicates that there was a numbered limited edition of the print or copy. Say...500 copies. And you have say Print copy Number 481 out of the 500 printed. Does that make sense? It helps to know this, because you see it often. Big difference if it says 5 / 25 vs. 5 / 5,000 with respect to how many are out there, rarity of the edition, right? Obviously, the lower the "number of copies printed" number, the more valuable your particular copy would be....Any confusion here, please ask...

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Michael G.

C.A.G.A.

Certified Appraisers Guild of America

{P.S. - Please be so kind as to click the "ACCEPT" Button - NO additional cost to you!...as it allows Just Answer to share some of the appraisal fee with me, the Appraiser, to compensate me for my time and efforts...THANK YOU.}