Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

I have a bottle of le bon pere william but have no idea what

I have a bottle of le bon pere william but have no idea what year it was bottled. Is there a way to determine what year it was bottled and the price it is worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help!

After it is bottled Brandy will not age anymore like whiskey so a new bottle is no different than an old bottle it is not like wine. Your bottle of Brandy made from pears of le bon Pere William was made before 1979 when it was not sold in the United States due to alcohol contents restrictions at the time.

Using my resources to look into your inquiry, I was able to find comparable sales that give your mid 1900’s Bottle of Swiss Brandy le bon Pere William a current secondary market value of $25 - $50 USD at auction or in a private sale.

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, please click “ACCEPT” so JustAnswer will credit me for my time & work (at no further cost to you). Thanks!

Alan C. Ransdell, AOA AM, CA