Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antiques Expert
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA

I have a Emperor Grandfather Clock. Works great, sounds great.

I have a Emperor Grandfather Clock. Works great, sounds great. No scratches.
Would you please tell me the value?
Not sure when had to be before 1970
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 4 years ago.

This Emperor Grandfather Clock would be valued at the high end of its range. These clocks show up on the auction market sporatically and are modest in price when you compare them to the wider market. (the market is also soft right now so my GF clock patrons are often a bit disappointed) But here are some records to show you some hard facts of the current market. (note: these records come from different databases thus the different look to the records)

Lot 328: Emperor grandfather clock

Sun/moon dial with 2 weights.

Realized : $150

Time & Again: Linden , NJ, USA

Auction Date: April 25, 2009

Sold For: $200.00 USD

[ Zoom (3) ]

Sold For: $349.99 USD - Date: 10/22/2010 8AM

THIS IS A EMPEROR GRANDFATER CLOCK. 6FT TALL. 10" BASE. I EMAILED EMPEROR CLOCK COMPANY AND THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID, ( This is the 120K in 3/4" cherry. It could be a kit or a production model , it's hard to tell since they were made from the same parts. Retail price originally was probably around $500. If you were insuring it, I would put about $1500 on it as it cannot be replaced. It should be considered an antique in the next couple of years. It is very nice. -- Tech Support)

Emperor German Movement Walnut Grandfather Clock

[ Zoom (3) ]

Sold For: $99.00 USD - Date: 10/21/2010 5PM

< *((( the digital fisherman )))= <

This is a vintage grandfather clock from Emperor Clock, Alabama. This clock from the 1970?s, has walnut case with 2 glass doors. It also has panels on each side and the back to access the movement.

The movement was made by Erhard Jauch Uhrenfabrik, Germany. The movement is numbered 227274 and marked Pence 110 cm. The clock is approximately 80 inches tall including the finial, 18 7/8 inches wide, and 12 1/2 inches deep. The clock is in very good condition with no cracks, breaks, or chips. It appears to have all parts (pendulum, counter weights). It clock has not been set up to determine if it keeps time/movement works

1983 Emporer Grandfather Clock Complete Kit

[ Zoom (3) ]

Sold For: $400.00 USD - Date: 8/24/2010 8AM

I am selling a Grandfather Clock kit made by Emperor Clock Company in 1983. My father purchased the kit new in 1983 and to this day has never taken it out of the box to assemble it.

Best wishes, Dori

PS Please remember to press "accept" as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! Thank you.