Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

I have a hundred ten year old set of swedish haviland china

I have a hundred ten year old set of swedish haviland china in pretty mint condition that my mom is giving to my daughter. What are the chances of there being some lead content in them and is it safe to use for holiday dinners?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! There is no lead used The glaze on all French Limoges porcelain is basically pure white feldspar, albite. No lead salts have been added nor does the decoration applied over the glaze have any lead (which is colorless). So it does NOT contain any Lead.

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, please click “ACCEPT” so JustAnswer will credit me for my time & work (at no further cost to you). Thanks!

Alan C. Ransdell, AOA AM, CA