Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have a 1920 NuGrape bottle with Charleston W.VA. on the bottom.

I have a 1920 NuGrape bottle with Charleston W.VA. on the bottom. It is empty and does not have any chips or cracks. Just dirty. I have not been able to find one on internet sites.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

The 1920's New Grape Bottles no matter what town they have marked on them if in good condition is currently valued on the retail market ( cost replacement ) for an average of 25.00-30.00 depending on where it is for sale at. These are not selling as high as they were just a couple of years back, the poor economy is keeping selling prices low on this type collectible these days. There are so many people selling their antique bottles at rock bottom prices in order to just make a sell. They will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction.

If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions.

It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, have a Great day.