Randyman
Randyman, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Co Owner of Cummings & Associates Personal Property appraisers since 1999
55400935

I have an antique black panther statue with emerald eyes, with

Customer Question

I have an antique black panther statue with emerald eyes, with San Francisco across the side with a swirl like design across the top and bottom of San Francisco, the panther is laying down with legs streched forward and his mouth open, trying to find out the value, It was my Great, Great Grandmothers
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Randyman replied 5 years ago.
My name is William R. (Randy) Nelson. It is possible that you panther could be as old as the 1920'2 - 1940's. These were very popular art deco souvenir items bought, obviously, in San Francisco. The eyes are green glass and the panther is a polished black glass that was produced in a mold for sale to the tourists. These items are gaining in popularity as souvenir collectibles and should be insured for @ $120.00 as long as it has no damage. If you are interested in selling it, you can expect to get @ $45.00 - $60.00 is you are selling it as a private individual. Very cool piece!!

Randy Man

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Accepting does not cost you any additional money, it just credits the experts so they get paid for their expertise, time, and research.. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also.