Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a 1927 singer sewing machine in good condition including

I have a 1927 singer sewing machine in good condition including owners manual. Model no. 66. Serisl no.AB594955. what is it worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! Has this got the treadle table with it? And what condition is it in? thanks, Alan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it does
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The treadtable is in great condition

Using my resources to look into your inquiry, I was able to find comparable sales that give your 1927 Singer treadle sewing machine a current secondary market value of $175 - $350 USD at auction or in a private sale.

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, please click “ACCEPT” so JustAnswer will credit me for my time & work (at no further cost to you). Thanks!

Sincerely,

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, AOA AM, CA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
for the shape it is in and research i have done, i feel it is worth more

I will refer you to someone who knows them better than I do please be patient it might be tomorrow before she comes on her name isXXXXX could not help a picture would of made matters much easier. I also want you to realize that these were popular and hot on the market 30 years ago the market is flooded with people wanting to sell due to a bad economy. Now if you can show me an 1800's machine with mother of pearl inlay that will get you $500 or more. I also want you to realize my value was a secondary market value at auction price and not a retail antique mall price. People can put whatever price they want on them but that does not mean they can sell it for that and I gave you an honest researched value and not an inflated one to get you to accept my answer we will see what Glenda says I will give the question to her I could be wrong.

Sincerely,

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, AOA AM, CA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your advice and honesty. I do aprreciate it.
Hello, no problem I could be wrong Glenda will know I sent her a message to pick up your question for you she knows her sewing machines it is one of her expertises she does really well. When she steps in the question and I see it I will opt out ok good luck thanks, Alan
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Let me see if I can help you out here. Your machine Singer Treadle, "AB Series", Model No. 66. Made in Elizabeth, NJ, USA. circa 1927 No. Alotted: 50,000. In Oak Cabinet , with the gold decals on Machine . You have one of 50,000 made of this model. The model 66 had been in production since 1900, and finally finished in the 1950's. It is made of cast iron. The very sturdiness of the machine make it a veritable workhorse, able to sew the finest organdie baby gowns as well as through leather and canvas.

They are currently valued on the retail market ( cost replacement ) for an average of 550.00-600.00, depending on where they are for sale at. Unless you just have to sell this, I would not do so right now, the market is low, due to the poor economy and so many individuals are selling so low it is depressing the market. I would hang onto this awhile and then sell it when the economy picks up some. It will do best sold privately such as list it on Craigslist for free where the buyer picks it up. Or consign this in an Antique Shop where they have good traffic. Do not list it on Ebay unless you are willing to sell it very low. There are collectors of Singer Sewing Machines, and if the machine is where there is traffic they will find it.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me. And if you would like to use me on any further questions.

It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Glenda

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.