Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

I have a vintage Japanese incense burner that belonged to my

I have a vintage Japanese incense burner that belonged to my grandmother. It is pre-World War II, probably 1920s vintage. It is marked "made in Japan".
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! Your Grandmother's Vintage Moriage Incense was made for commercial export in the 1930's early 40's It has some ware problems on the Foo Dogs it was not expensive and probably purchased in a store like Woolworth's. The ones you were looking at that were $1300 probably are artisan made and from earlier times such as the EDO Period.

Using my resources to look into your inquiry, I was able to find comparable sales that give your Vintage Moriage Satsuma Incense Burner a current secondary market value of $15 - $30 USD at auction or in a private sale.

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, please click “ACCEPT” so JustAnswer will credit me for my time & work (at no further cost to you). Thanks!

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, AOA AM, CA