Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

Ducollet print signed in pencil....Place Du Tertre

Ducollet print (or original) signed in pencil. It is a black and white piece....Place Du Tertre . Pencil does not look like a print, Title and signature have same charecteristic with swirls at Ps and same t's in Tertre and t in Ducollet. I'm wondering if it is an original and not a print. Can detect slight dotted line for title to insure it is straight on work.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
Can you post an image, please? And note dimensions...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How is the best way for me to post an image for you? The actual image is 10'' x 14". Sidewalk cafe in foreground
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
It would work best to post the image to a free site like and just send me the link....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could I e-mail it to you from my iphone?? This is something I know how to do..
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Here are some easy steps to get your images posted online so your expert can review it (or them, if you have multiples). The most simple and effective way is to use the paper clip icon above the conversation box, but the file size is limited to 1 megabyte so many modern cameras with high resolutions will not upload images properly. If you do not have software to reduce the size, the next best option is to post the image to a FREE image posting site such as, or and then forward the link to your expert.

If you can't get that to work for you, as a last resort you can email the image(s) to [email protected] and ask them to forward it to me, Will Gorges, in the Antiques category. If you are using a smart phone, be sure to tell them the original email address you used when you subscribed to JustAnswer or they may not be able to forward it properly to me. Please be advised this method can take up to 72 hours for customer service to process, but I will get back with you as soon as I receive the images. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX forward to assisting you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
o.k. here goes .....hope it works.
Cheryl Davisgraphicgraphic
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Based upon a review of information you provided and published completed sales data for similar items, the current market retail replacement value for your print is estimated to range from $275 to $550 based on overall condition and regional market demand. The best test to see if the signature is authentic is to gently attempt to smudge an end with your fingertip...if it smears, it is pencil...if it does not, it is likely part of the print....and if that is the case, the price plummets to $45-65. Hope this information helps and thanks for using JustAnswer!

If my information has been of assistance to you, please remember to click the ACCEPT icon so I will be credited by JustAnswer for my time and efforts (at no additional charge to you). Thanks!