Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I bought a Cadilac Desk Co table desk from a garage sale

I bought a "Cadilac Desk Co" 'table desk' from a garage sale and would like to know what it's worth. It's a smallish table with a drawer under the top. The drawer itself has a lift-up lid that can be used as a writing surface, and is hinged to reveal the interior of the drawer. It also has an opening for an ink-well, with the glass piece intact. The sticker on the under-side of the lid says "patent 1905 - 1908'. Any ideas about the origin of this piece?
Thanik you so much,
Shannon Powell
Everett WA
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Great House Antiques replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question.

What you have is indeed a "Desk-Table" made by the Cadillac Cabinet Co., Detroit, MI, c.1908-1910. The company made various tables and desks, with yours being one of the more popular types. Value is tied mostly to condition. An example in excellent condition would value in the range of $300-$400. In a moderately more worn state, $150-$250.

(Hoping the answer has provided assistance, please click ACCEPT. This simply prompts JA to extend compensation for my service. There is NO additional charge for doing so.)

Thank you, again.

Chase

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
This thing is over 100 yrs old and in perfect shape. I can't believe it's only worth $40!
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello

I am not sure what you are seeing on your end, the expert did not value your desk at 40.00, if you go back and read his answer to you , you will see he gave your desk a good value. When you read his answer to you again you will be able to see that and you can click on accept on his answer so he will get credit from Just Answer for working on your question. Be sure to click his accept so he gets credit..

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had a leg repaired, a knob replaced and had it sanded and refinished. How will this affect it's value? Sorry I mis-read your previous answer.

Shannon

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

NO, that should not effect the value on your desk.

Shannon,Chase is the one who answered your question so if you would just go accept his answer on this. You will find it by logging into Just Answer and go to your questions , then click accept on the answer he gave you . I do not want to take credit for the answer he provided you with.

Glenda

Hello, this is Chase.

Just thought I would send this to make it easier for you to ACCEPT my answer should you decide to.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

Chase

Experience: 30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry