Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have the painting Spring Lake by Amadeo Boroni. I see it

I have the painting Spring Lake by Amadeo Boroni. I see it sold on ebay on 6/8/2008. I was wondering what a fair price was for this painting?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Great House Antiques replied 5 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question.

These "paintings" from the mid-20th century are actually fine reproductions made to simulate original works. Their scale, scenes, and quality have lent to their popularity; both then and now. These are considered decorative items and as such their prices/ values can vary widely. So, their estimated value would reflect what the market might see as a general target range for such decoration. Currently, for a fine example of "Spring Lake," in excellent condition, $300-$400 would seem to be the selling target. A few years back (as with most things), a slightly higher value/ price might have been noted. Of course, If you are thinking of selling, you can start out a bit higher as you can always come down if needed. The above estimate would simply be the range in which the item is more likely to sell.

(Hoping the answer has provided assistance, please click ACCEPT. This simply prompts JA to extend compensation for my service. There is NO additional charge for dong so.)

Thank you, again.