Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

How much is a 1934 Kalamazoo Cook stove that uses wood, coal

How much is a 1934 Kalamazoo Cook stove that uses wood, coal and gas worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

Good Morning

Thank you for choosing Just Answer

These Vintage Stoves are currently valued on the retail market ( cost replacement ) for an average of 750.00-800.00, depending on where they are for sale at and the condition of the stove.

The Kalamazoo Stove Company (1902-1952) of Kalamazoo, Michigan operated with the slogan "A Kalamazoo ~ Direct to You." This was one of the first manufacturing plants to deal directly with the customer instead of employing the use of retail stores.

Kalamazoo Stove produced several million stoves and furnaces over its fifty year existence, 100,000 of these in its peak production year, 1937. That year, the name was changed to Kalamazoo Stove and Furnace Company.

Among the innovations in stove design that came out of this company were the oven door window, which allowed the user to see what was being cooked without opening the door, and a thermometer mounted on the oven door.

The fact that most of their models were powered by wood or coal resulted in the company's demise in 1952, with their customer base shifting to gas and electric models offered by other companies.

They will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction.

If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. They may sell higher on the west coast, then say in the mid west or the south. So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me. And if you would like to use me on any further questions.

It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would this sell on ebay?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

Yes I think so, it is a very nice stove and the buyer pays shipping on this. I have seen these vintage stoves sell on there many times.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much.You answered all my questions.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

You are very welcome have a great day.