Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.

Good afternoon I have a 1899 one penny coin withVICTORIA DEI

Good afternoon I have a 1899 one penny coin withVICTORIA DEI GR GRA BRITT REGINA FID DEF IND IMP on one side and a picture of the Queen on the same side .On the flip side it has one penny around the outside with a picture somebody sitting on looks like a charrot holding three pronged long handle spear
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

That's the bronze penny from Great Britain. It's Queen Victoria on the front and a Britannia on the reverse. A penny from 1899 is valued at $1 to $65 depending on the grade.

Ideally, you'd want to have it graded and authenticated by someone with:

As for selling them, you can try online, but I don't think you will get the same value if you sold them privately. Start with local dealers. Jewelry shops often deal with coins, so you can start there. A lot of towns have coin dealers.

If I can be of any further help or you need more information, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept (at no further cost to you) if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Thanks and I hope you have a great evening.