Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antiques Expert
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA

How valuable is a Henry C.Steul & Sons dining room table(maybe

How valuable is a Henry C.Steul & Sons dining room table(maybe walnut), 54" long and opens up to 108" long after insert put in-we have the 6 chairs , with cane seats
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 5 years ago.

These nice walnut dining sets by Henry C. Steul & Sons Furniture Co. of Buffalo, NY do come up here and there on the auction market. In very good condition these sets sell in the range of 300.00-400.00.

Just not a great market right now for 1920 revival furniture. (even with extra pieces, such as side boards etc., the value can go up to 500.00 but does not show up in auction prices as of yet - quite a tragedy for quality vintage pieces)

I hope you are not too disappointed...I hate to not answer inquiries that have less than positive feedback. The information is important to share.

Best wishes, Dori

PS Please remember to press "accept" as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! Thank you.