Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President of the Association of Online Appraiser
57035021

I have 38 Royal Doulton Figurines that I would like to sell.

I have 38 Royal Doulton Figurines that I would like to sell. This was a collection that my mother had when she was alive. I know how much I paid for the ones I purchased for her but do
not know what I should expect to receive when I sell them? Please help!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

If you've begun checking, then you know that different figurines have different values on today's market. Also, since they are a multiple, not one of a kind objects, those in perfect condition with original boxes and certificates, command the highest prices.

Since you have 38 of them, may I suggest that you purchase a subscription, which will allow you to post unlimited questions at no additional charge? We can then divide them up in groups of three or so, and I can research their current values for you.

If you'd like to do that, please let me know, and we can begin with the first three. You'll need to contact Customer Service to purchase the subscription. Then all you need to do, if you want me to answer all your questions, is use my first name as the first word in each of your questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not have boxes or certificates for the figurines. They are in perfect condition however and are over 40 years old at least - maybe older.
Thanks for this information. Do you want to begin with the first three? If you do, I'll need to know their item numbers or names.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

C435:1747 - Afternoon Tea

C142:1934 Autumn Breezes

C276:1765

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

C435:1747 -Afternoon Tea

C142-1934 Autumn Breezes

C276:1765 Chloe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

C435:1747 - Afternoon Tea

C142-1934 Autumn Breezes

C276:1765 Chole

Thank you.

Afternoon Tea was in production from 1935 until 1982. If it is in perfect condition, its current fair market value is approximately $200.

Autumn Breezes - the figure you have is Style 1, made between 1939 and 1976. If it is in perfect condition, its current fair market value is approximately $175.

Chloe was made from 1932 - 1945. if it is in perfect condition its current fair market value is approximately $275.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!
Experience: A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President of the Association of Online Appraiser