Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I inherited an picture called after the bath by Paul Peel.

Customer Question

I inherited an picture called "after the bath" by Paul Peel. How do I tell if it is worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

Can you tell me if this is a painting of a print? Do you know the age?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I believe it is a print. My grandma must of gotten it at least 60 years ago

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

If this is a Paul Peel( Paul Peel born London, Canada West (now Ontario), 1860; died Paris, France, 1892) original print , this is valued for an average of 150.00-175.00, depending on where it is for sale at. They will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction.

If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. They may sell higher on the west coast, then say in the mid west or the south. So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me. And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question line, then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time. Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, have a Great day.