Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I am looking for the best and least expensive way to ship/send

I am looking for the best and least expensive way to ship/send antique furniture within the U.S.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello

These shipping places come with the highest recommendations, used by antique dealers, ebay sellers and people who are moving across country.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me. And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question line, then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time. Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Glenda

http://www.uship.com/

Greyhound now does shipping- but I know several furniture sellers on eBay who use it.

http://www.freightcenter.com/furniture%20shipping.aspx

http://www.transitsystems.com/

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I appreciated the answers from Glenda B. on the shipping info. When I asked her an art question and told her what I had already found out and she sent me the exact same info that I had already sent to her?? The "justask" concept is good but the price tag is high. The number of e-mails that you receive from them is exhausting to get an answer. Their system seems clunky.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello

I understand that things can be a little hard to figure out on getting pictures to us and such but, most of the time is a glitch between the customer's computers and just answer's. And as far as me giving you the same information on the painting that you had just told me, I do not understand, you only gave me the name and that it was oil on wood. I gave you all of the information I could obtain on this artist. We can only give the customer what is recorded. I did give you information on who is actively seeking this artists work, in order for you to sell this. I could not provide a price as there were none to obtain a value from.

The pricing on questions is very low in comparison to walking into an appraiser's office where they generally charge a minimum of 75.00 per hour to just start. So a percentage of the cost to the appraiser on here is a very good price for the customer to give. I am not an employee of Just Answer , I am only compensated by them when I get an accept so I have no impact to the policies and procedures they use on the site. I am an appraiser and come here to answer questions that customers come here and post.

If you feel that their site needs improvements to make it easier for the customer to use then by all means you should contact their customer service department and let them know any things you think they should fix.

Hope you have a great day , sorry you were not satisfied here.

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Glenda B. I had already sent you all of the info that I had found about the artist and you sent me the same info back. I am sorry that you didn't receive my note with all of the same info. including the site that is actively aquiring his work. I don't think this site works well but I am not unsatisfied with you. I will be back, I just wish it was easier to use. ( For example, you did not receive my note with all of the same info.) I also wish that it didn't spam me with so many advertising e-mails since I used their service. My complaints are for customer service but this is the only forum I see for voicing my concerns.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I understand, I was so confused, I did not know you sent me that information I guess it did look kind of silly me sending you back the same information. Goodness, I cannot imagine what happened here.

I am not sure how you get to customer service but, I think if you go to the home page there is a customer service button or perhaps a help link on the bottom of the page. It should be there.

I also think you can go to " My Account and select to not receive emails," check out this info on your My Account page. I can set it to not get emails so I am sure you can too.

Hope this helps, they are improving on the site all the time so don't give up on me or the site.

Have a great weekend

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, fine. Thanks
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Your welcome

Glenda