Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles
54715563

I have a number of Edwin M. Knowles china collector plates

I have a number of Edwin M. Knowles china collector plates from the 80s. Where can I get some idea of the value of these plates? They are all boxed-most have never been out of their boxes. I can provide a list of the individual plates if that would help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you. Can you please provide an overview image? A brief synopsis of pattern numbers will help, too.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are a number of plates and it will take me a while to get this information. How do I get back to you with a listy of the plates?
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
You can just reply in the same manner as previously done...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Here is a list of the plates I have. They are all in the original boxes and the plates are in new condition.

Edwin M. Knowles Fine China plates; all in new condition, boxed with certificates of authenticity.

Date Plate # XXXXX

1982 11868 AP Rockwell's Rediscovered Women,

"Dreaming in the Attic", 1st in series

1982 6597 R Rockwell's Rediscovered Women, "Waiting on the Shore", 2d in series

1982 11896 u Rockwell's Rediscovering Women

"Pondering on the Porch", 3d in series

1982 13919 E Rockwell's Rediscovered Women

"Making Believe at the Mirror", 4th in series

1983 15637 M Rockwell's Rediscovering Women, "Waiting at the Dance", 5th in series

1983 2182 I Rockwell's Rediscovered Women

"Gossiping in the Alcove", 6th in series

1984 7997 D Rockwell's Rediscovering Women

"Standing in the Doorway", 7th in series

1984 04455 G Rockwell's Rediscovering Women

"Flirting in the Parlor", 8th in series

1984 13344 C Rockwell's Rediscovering Women

"Working in the Kitchen" 9th in series

1984 8963 G Rockwell's Rediscovering Women

"Meeting on the Path", 10th in series

1984 4352 J Rockwell's Rediscovered Women, "Confiding in the Den", 11th in series

1984 7427 G Rockwell's Rediscovering Women,

"Reminiscing in the Quiet" 12th in series

1982 5361 G Rockwell's "Christmas Courtship"

1983 11471 B Rockwell's, " Add two Cups and a Measure of Love", 8th in annual Mother's Day series

1984 18919 E Rockwell's, "Grandma's Courting Dress", 9th in annual Mother's Day series

1985 9797 B Rockwell's, "Mending Time", 10th in annual Mother's Day series

Please give me your opinion of the value of these plates. THanks

Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Technically, all of the plates have an individual retail price range of $25 to $55 each, but you can often find series of 12 from as low as $100 and a normal high of $140, so they are not considered in great demand--they are typical of overproduced series of the era that had original issue prices much higher. While my comps are pulled from consolodated subscription guides, you can also look on places such as eBay and the items are very plentiful--for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NORMAN-ROCKWELL-Rediscovered-Women-Complete-set-12-/280722137880?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415c57e318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKWELLS-Rediscovered-Women-Collection-Plates-12-/300584251012?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fc37ae84

I scanned each of your editions and find no variations in price based on actual concluded sales from the norm based on series or issue. Hope this helps. Best, Will