Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

We have come into the ownership of an antique chandelier.

We have come into the ownership of an antique chandelier. The only markings that we have been able to see says that it was made in Spain. It is brass, has 5 arms, with leaf
decor on the arms, which glass or crystal prisms hang from. I think it would be beautiful if we cleaned it up. There is one matching sconce. Any idea of its value?

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am pleased to assist you. Based on a review of current recorded and documented sales of similar items in the past year and your description, the current market value is estimated to be from $850 to $1,200. Hope this helps!

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button if my answer has helped you in any way so I can be credited by Just Answer staff for assisting additional charge to you! Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you give me an idea of the kind of a place that might be iinterested in buying this chandelier? I live between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Would you contact a dealer in Pgh. if you were me, an auction house, or what?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I wrote a second question asking if you could advise me on the kind of place that might be interested in buying my chandelier. I live between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Would you contact a dealer in Pittsburgh if you were me? Maybe an auction house? Where?

Honestly, I would first try a listing under collectibles on since dealers will want a discount of 40-50% and auction houses will charge 20-25% (and generally not offer a reserve for you--meaning somebody could buy it for $3.00)....the listing is free--so you have nothing to lose! Best, Will