Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

Want to sell a H. Sacks & Sons (Brookline Massachusetts) bookcase/desk/3

Want to sell a H. Sacks & Sons (Brookline Massachusetts) bookcase/desk/3 drawer inlay cabinet. Have no idea as to value of piece.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! This is a little confusing though. how many pieces are there that you are trying to sell?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Alan: one piece...was trying to describe in more detail.
Okay, could you provide a picture?

Because I am not allowed to share my email address, to share pictures, you have upload them directly to the chat box. To do this they have to be less than 1mb in size.

Use this arrow to upload...
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will have to wait until my husband gets home to do this...don't expect him for at least an hour.
okay, just let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cannot figure out how to attach picture???
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We need instructions on how to place picture which is in Picassa to your box.
you can provide me with a direct link to your picture
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot give you access to my Picassa picture without your email address. I keep clicking on the paperclip to try to add an attachment, but nothing happens.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please give us more details on how to attach the photo...
save it to your desktop if you can. then click the paperclip and follow the prompts until you can select the photo.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is saved to desktop and we clicked on paperclip-- never got any prompts as to how to proceed.
Paper clip
browse
browse
find the file
select it
ok
insert
whait for it to load
submit it to me
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7YXTbtgIHbxam_bXwfrHEEe4hhSkWSiycaPCCRVmrhM?feat=directlink

This is the file link. When I click on the paperclip I do not get a "browse" so I cannot do what you suggest and I also cannot place it on the desktop. I will try to drag and drop it into the picture box.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did manage to place it on the desktop and than dragged and dropped it into your picture box. But I couldn't forward it from there except by an email message. I sure this is as frustrating for you as it for us...

Using my resources to look into your inquiry, I was able to find comparable sales that give your piece a current secondary market value of $900 - $1100 USD at auction or in a private sale.

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, please click “ACCEPT” so JustAnswer will credit me for my time & work (at no further cost to you). Thanks!

Sincerely,

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, AOA AM, CA