Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.

What is Janolina China worth I have a set of 8 dinner plates

What is Janolina China worth? I have a set of 8 dinner plates from my great-aunt and was curious.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Those are cute. It's called Favolina. The oldest markings can make the F look like a cursive J. What you have is part of a Polish celebration set, showing dances and characters from the different regions of Poland.

A set of 8 plates has a current market replacement cost in the range of $125 to $175 for the entire set.

If you're interested in selling it, keep in mind that prices will vary a bit depending on the condition of your pieces and where you try to sell them. I'm not sure where you're located, but I would check with your local antique shops. They also, generally, will bring your higher values.

As far as online goes, you can try listing yourself on places like Rubylane or Tias. Etsy has even proven to be a fairly good alternative to Ebay.

If I can be of any further help or you just have anymore questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Thanks and have a great night,