Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles
54715563

Paul Whitney Hunter watercolors

I have two pictures (water color) by Paul Whitney Hunter. They are of a mother deer and her fawn and the other is of a buck. They are absolutely gorgeous. They are both signed. Is it possible for you to give me some informaton on them? I would appreciate any help that may be forthcoming.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
Hi! my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you. Based on information in all three major art base guides which I have verified, your artist is currently rated from $1,800 to $2,500 for original signed watercolors. The artist also worked in oils but the watercolors are rated higher by about 28% presently. Hope this is what you need. Best, Will
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How am I to determine of mine is an original. I can see pencil marks on the page where the pictures were drawn and then painted. I do not see where it says 'Print' or 'Copy' or any other information. On the back of the picture it has printed "Cherokee Frame Co. Cherokee Village Ark." Is this indicative that it is a print? I really need a little more information than the first answer. We have no one in the area that I can go to for information. Thank you.

Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately I cannot determine authenticity from a digital image...but if you can see the pencil sketch lines, they generally will not show up on a copy at all...and the grade of paper used is totally different as well....any art gallery can assist you, but it would need to be seen in person, sorry!