Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

I have a FULL set of Lifetime China Co. Gold Crown china.

I have a FULL set of Lifetime China Co. Gold Crown china. By FULL I mean 8 complete place settings (oval plates, round plates, desert plates, bowls, coffee cups w/ plates, minus one small plate broken in a move a few years ago), soup tureen, tea pot, salt & pepper shakers, creamer, sugar bowl, gravey boat, and matching glassware (tumblers and stemware). I'm trying to ball park a value so I can sell it. Can anyone point me in a direction to do that? I'm also wondering if it would be better to just locate a buyer who's intent is resale, or if I should seek a buyer who wants it for their own personal use/collection.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can try to assist you. I have pulled both wholesale and retail comps for you and found the range on a service for 8 (which is technically not a full set, which is a service for 12) to range from $450 to $600 on the wholesale end and $1,600 to $1,900 on the retail level. The current market is basically flooded with china at present and the economic situation is not improving as far as I can tell. I would first attempt a retail sale, obviously, via an online ad on under collectibles or a similar forum that would eliminate the need for packing and shipping....and eBay is a good option, but for the wholesale end most of the time...and again, you have to deal with packing and shipping....other options include direct consignment to a local antiques and collectibles shop or placement in a quality estate sale...Hope this helps! Best, Will
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So in your expert opinion, is better to part this stuff out separately or, which I would prefer, or attempt to sell the whole mess in one chunk. And where does one find a "quality" estate sale - do you have any to refer me to? And what are all the accoutrements worth?

You could spend a LOT of time trying to parcel the pieces out one by one, I assure you...but that is the best way to get as much as possible. I guess it depends on how much spare time and patience you have! I would suggest you go to a local antiques shop and ask them who the "best" auctioneers are in the area (and make sure it is not in the same family or group of friends...get several opinions before you start calling)...the serving pieces, as a rule, will be the most popular and worth more than basic items...but not incredible numbers. Platters, for example, are generally $25-40 in that pattern and sugar and creamer sets, $35-55. You can go to a site like REPLACEMENTS.COM and pull individual retail numbers on most patterns...but be advised you likely will not get the prices they advertise...maybe 50-60% at best. And sites like that buy at about 10-20% of retail....

eBay is good choice if you go one by one...just set up a "store" on the site and that way you do not have to keep relisting things...I have many clients who go that route and are happy with the service and prices they get...somebody ALWAYS needs a replacement plate or cup or glass! And the market is worldwide, a good bargain for advertising.

Again, depends on your free time....just be sure to note ANY defect in any piece and always, ALWAYS, fully insure the parcel against damage...and ship signature required. eBay can also be a quagmire of con artists and fraudsters, so protect yourself!

Best, Will