Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

US Government issue ,metal social security card, dated probably

US Government issue ,metal social security card, dated probably early 1930's.whats the value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Great House Antiques replied 5 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question.

Contrary to popular belief, metal cards were never issued. The first cards were of paper. The metal cards were made by private companies and there are countless varieties - from the "official" (appearing) to the comical. These are considered novelty items, by and large and sell in the range of $20-$30 for older examples (pre-1960's) in excellent condition.

(Hoping the answer has provided assistance, please click ACCEPT. This simply prompts JA to extend compensation for my service. There is NO additional charge for doing so.)

Thank you, again.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Here's more info.graphic

Dear Client -

The image didn't come through. Please note that images have to be no more than 1MB in size to fit JA's format. Alternatively, you can describe anything you need to and, of course, ask if you have questions.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I really would like you to take a close look at the pic. If I could email the photo to you,I don't know the size as far as MB but its not a very big picture.It seems to get larger when I try to use the paper clip icon to send to you.any suggestions?
I'm thinking maybe the image is more than 1MB. If you retake the picture making sure your camera is set on images for email, for example, instead of standard-size images, that might work. Otherwise, you can post it on a site like photobucket and then send me a link or URL so that I may view it there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took a picture on my cell and emailed to myself and then tried to get it to windows explorer with no luck,sorry need more time.