Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles
54715563

My Dad left a 35 Remington Pump Action Gamemaster Rifle, w/the

My Dad left a 35 Remington Pump Action Gamemaster Rifle, w/the two clips, excellent condition; purchased in the late 1940s. Aprx. what is worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 3 years ago.

Hi! my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you. From your description it sounds like you have a Model 760 in .35 caliber, is that correct? If so, here is the technical retail value "book" prices:

- .222 Rem. (mfg. 1958-61), .223 Rem. (limited mfg. 1964-69), 6mm Rem. (introduced 1969), .243 Win. (introduced 1968), .244 (mfg. 1956-59), .257 Roberts (mfg. 1955-58), .270 Win., .280 Rem. (mfg. 1958-1967), .30-06, .300 Sav. (disc. 1958), .308 Win., or .35 Rem. (mfg. 1952-67, and 1980) cal., 22 in. barrel, detachable mag., uncheckered or checkered (new 1964) pistol grip stock. Mfg. 1952-1980.
Grading100%98%95%90%80%70%60%
$375$325$275$250$225$200$175
.222 Rem. cal.$1,150$900$800$725$650$575$500
.223 Rem. cal.$1,350$995$850$775$700$625$575
.257 Roberts cal.$850$695$575$450$400$350$300
Add 10% for .300 Savage or .35 Rem. cal.

This series was preceded by the Model 14 also known and superceded by the Model 141 and M141A "Gamemaster"--and here is the range for that model, just in case:

- .25 Rem. (very few mfg. during 1936 only), .30 Rem., .32 Rem., or .35 Rem. cal., 24 in. barrel, takedown, open sights, plain pistol grip stock. Mfg. 1936-50.
Grading100%98%95%90%80%70%60%
$465$425$350$295$240$195$165
Add 60% for .25 Rem. cal.
Add 10% for .35 Rem. cal.

The model series should be stamped on the barrel....note that you cannot sell to or buy from a book, so a more realistic price structure can often be found by looking at what they are currently selling for across the country...I suggest you search GUNBROKER.COM and AUCTIONARMS.COM for up to the day pricing...if you need a copy of the NRA grading guidelines to better judge the overall condition, just read on....bear in mind that NRA "New" is 100% condition, "Excellent" is 98% and the other grades follow suit. Best, Will

NRA MODERN CONDITION DESCRIPTIONS

New- Not previously sold at retail, in same condition as current factory production.
Perfect- in new condition in every respect.
Excellent- new condition, used but little, no noticeable marring of wood or metal,
bluing near perfect (except at muzzle or sharp edges).
Very Good- in perfect working condition, no appreciable wear on working surfaces, no
corrosion or pitting, only minor surface dents or scratches.
Good- in safe working condition, minor wear on working surfaces, no broken parts, no
corrosion or pitting that will interfere with proper functioning.
Fair- in safe working condition, but well worn, perhaps requiring replacement of minor
parts or adjustments which should be indicated in advertisement, no rust, but may
have corrosion pits which do not render article unsafe or inoperable

If my information has been of value to you, please remember to click the ACCEPT icon so I will be credited by JustAnswer for my time and efforts (at no additional charge to you). Thanks!

Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will....... Thanks for the iformation. If I wanted to sell the rifle, do you know of a dealer in the Mesa, Az. area? THANKS JIM GLENN......
Expert:  Will replied 3 years ago.
Not a problem...I suggest that you first try to sell it yourself as a dealer will normally only pay about 40% of retail...you can do a listing for a nominal charge on the sites I told you about--the only regulation is that you either have to ship to a licensed Federal dealer (who has to send you and FFL copy for transport) or you have to get a licensed dealer to ship it for you...the fee is usually $25 or less. That way, you will get the most from your dad's fine old gun! Just make sure you always list a reserve in an auction because many bidders wait until the last seconds to post a number....if you still want a dealer, I can run your zip code through the dealer database for you...just advise ! Best, Will