Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

I have an Adelphi silver Co. Quadrupleplate - New York decorative

Customer Question

I have an Adelphi silver Co. Quadrupleplate - New York decorative round 'bowl holder?' its 'silver-plated'??? It is also stamped with 51 but in addition to this it also has a signature .. initials inscribed HM?? The design around the sides is of dragons (2) facing each other and a potted plant of sorts that look almost 'fern' ish in design. Looked up Co. online and saw some pieces but nothing like this or with these additional markings. what can you tell me... I have a couple different pieces that also have the same markings and signature
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 years ago.
My name is Judith, and it will be my pleasure to help you with this question. Is it possible for you to upload a picture of this item and one of the marks to this question page? If you need help dong that, I can help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
have no pic to add sorry
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Hi! My name is Will and I can assist you. This company was known for artistic rendering of commonly used items. Quadruple plate means the base metal, generally a copper alloy, was electroplated four times to give a very strong and durable finish, but there is actually very little silver used in the process...perhaps a few grams. Based upon a review of information you provided and published completed sales data for similar items, the current market retail replacement value for your is estimated to range from $75 to $125 based on overall condition and regional market demand. Hope this information helps and thanks for using JustAnswer!

If my information has been of assistance to you, please remember to click the ACCEPT icon so I will be credited by JustAnswer for my time and efforts (at no additional charge to you). Thanks!