Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have Double Diamond T Hand Painted Made in Japan trademark

I have Double Diamond T Hand Painted Made in Japan trademark Tea and luncheon gift to my parents 1927...all pieces are in museum quality...I need a value for insurance purposes can you answer my question; What is the set worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

Can you tell me exactly what the bottom reads?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the bottom trademark is:

two diamonds (overlaid with a capital T in each diamond ) surrounded by a circular design reading Handpaint Made in Japan...I've searched the trademark and it was the new trademark after 1926 (I think) of Nortiak china or Japan china...had something to do with the imports from foreign countries as regulated by US
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

How many pieces are in your set?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Teapot with lid,
sugar bowl/lid;
4 cup & saucer;
5 7"luncheon plates... total of 19 pieces counting lids & creamer plate all museum quality
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

This Vintage set is currently valued on the retail market ( cost replacement ) for an average of 750.00-800.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. They will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction.

If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. They may sell higher on the west coast, then say in the mid west or the south. So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me. And if you would like to use me on any further questions, feel free putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question line, then I will be sure to get it. Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.