Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

I have two paintings done by Frank Gikin.Both are done on wood

I have two paintings done by Frank Gikin.Both are done on wood with one in a harbor with lots of boats with a sunset setting.36w-12 h.
The other one also on wood a sailboat with three small row boats 24h-20w I bought them sometime in 1950 for about 75$. Can;t find anything about the painter. I hope that you can help. Thank you
Irving Tlumak [email protected]
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you...there is no artist listed in any database by the name of Frank Gikin....if you can re-check the spelling, I will check again for you...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Frank Gikiu
Southern Cal. cultral Scene Training at Chouinard Art Institute 1955 to 1960.Thats the info on the back of the paintings him. Gikiu was most popular in the 1980's for his oriental scene series but is NOT a listed artist in any recognized guide. His estimated market range currently by artguides is from $150-300 for an average work. Hope this helps. Best, Will