Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have an Ellgreave teapot in very good condition. The bottom

I have an Ellgreave teapot in very good condition. The bottom half is painted in yellow. Above that swashes of gold all around the teapot. On each side are three yellow roses. The spout and handle has gold trim with a decorate gold design. The lid has a gold design all around that looks somewhat like v design. The nob at the top is painted in gold. On the bottom are the words engrave in the pottery Ellgreave and England and what looks like the letter F next to England. It is numbered in gold 2822. Also painted in gold is a marking that looks like '/

What can you tell me about its worth?

Thanks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

The Ellgreave Pottery Company operated in Staffordshire, England beginning in the 1920s. The mark on your teapot indicates it was made before 1921.

If it is in perfect condition, the current retail (replacement) value of your teapot is approximately $50.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!