Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antiques Expert
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA

I would like to know the value of the Taco Bell talking dogs

Customer Question

I would like to know the value of the Taco Bell talking dogs that came out several years ago.. I have all of them and the last time I checked they all worked except one.. I realize they are not antiques.. Would appreciate your input.. The toys have been kept clean and put away except at Christmas time.. I also have the dalmation dog toys and the boxes they came in. Do you have info on those?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 5 years ago.

I hate to say it but these are very common in the last 5 years of auction histories. They do come up in full lots of 6, 8 and more variety collections. Individual small talking dogs sell for 5.00, 7.00..rarely 12.00 with original bags and mint condition. The larger size c. 12" dog can sell for c. 20.00. in mint condition with original tags. They go up slightly c.23.00 with original packing and excellent condition. They are a fun collectible but their value is modest due to their age. The voice boxes should be not used to keep in working order but rarely.

Best wishes, Dori

PS Please remember to press accept as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! Thank you.

If you would like info on the other dogs, please give me more information about them.