Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President of the Association of Online Appraiser
57035021

I WAS GIVEN a set of china 1794 Thun Czech Republic 1 Porcelaine

I WAS GIVEN a set of china "1794 Thun Czech Republic 1 Porcelaine fine de Boheme" (Stamp on bottom). It is white with gold trim, little 2-flower bouquet designs in red, yellow & blue on a basket weave design edge. It is (12) full settings, dinner plate, salad plate, bowl, cup & saucer, coffe pot, creamer & sugar. There are no chips or scratches, in fact they look brand new. Can you give me a ball park figure of what this may be worth? The only thing I can find is on line at a Kristins Boutique that list their sets in the thousands of dollars. I can't believe this would be worth that much, could it? Thank you for your time and efforts.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Do you mean "Turn Czech Republic"? Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, This is EXACTLY what the stamp says on the bottom of my stuff:

There is a 3-point crown then under it are the words (in this order):

1794

Thun

Czech Republic

1

Porcelaine fine

de Boheme

All the lettering is black. The "T" in Thun has the top cross of the "T" extending full length of the word. This website has a "partial" of a trademark stamp like mine in their logo:

http://shop.kristallboutique.com/index.php?nocache=yes&locale=224&currency=1

But the trademark stamp on mine includes the "1" and "Porcelaine fine de Boheme".

Thanks for the additional information.

Your china was made by the Count Thun Porcelain Factory of Klášterec, Czech Republic (Klosterle, Bohemia, Austria). The company was founded in 1794 by Johann Weber and Johann Sontag, and financed by Count Franz Josef von Thun.

Since the phrase "Czech Republic" appears on your dishes, they were made after 1992.

If your dishes are in excellent condition, their current retail (replacement) value is approximately $800 - $850.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Judith, Just a bit of clarification please. Is that $800 to $850 for the whole set (12 place settings and coffee set) Or is it PER setting? I just wanted to get that clear as the web sites I found show prices up into the thousands for 6-place settings that consist of plate, salad plate, cup & saucer. I just wanted to be clear. If it is per place setting, could you brake it down to per setting of plate, salad plate, bowl, cup & saucer and then for the coffee pot, cramer and sugar. Or do you think the coffee pot, creamer & sugar went with all the cups and saucers? With the plate, saucer & bowl encompassing a "setting".

Thank you,

Dee

Hi Dee,
The value is for the whole set. The earlier pieces are worth more money, but yours is relatively new.
Experience: A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President of the Association of Online Appraiser