Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

I would like to get my autographed baseball appraised. Can

Customer Question

I would like to get my autographed baseball appraised. Can you help?

I live in Michigan and would like to find someone who can value this baseball

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I could look at them, but, to be honest, you'll want to deal with a well-known and widely accepted company that specifies in authentication.

An autograph that is not authenticated by a creditable company won't sell as well, so you definitely want it authenticated, graded, and possibly appraised. Most of collectors value their opinion and "seal" on memorabilia.

Two top authenticators are PSA/DNA, and James Spence Authentic (JSA). They're 2 of the go-to associations. They handle all the signed memorabilia for auctions, charity events, and even handle most of the modern-day signing events.

You can also contact Steiner Sports. They do some authentication, but they also buy/sell items.

If I can be of any further help or you need something more, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Thanks and have a great day,
Diana