Ask C&A Appraisals (Randi) Your Own Q...

C&A Appraisals (Randi)
C&A Appraisals (Randi), Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  ISA Certified fully accredited USPAP. 30+years experience. Speaker, TV, Radio, Newspaper Featured.
19938325

How much would 2 oil paintings be worth by Van Gaard - each

How much would 2 oil paintings be worth by Van Gaard - each despicts a horse - 406-A and 406 - B - they are signed in the bottom left hand corner? They have the original painting sticker on the back and are in their original frames. The pictures are each 11 1/2 in by 19 1/2 in - with the frames 17 in by 25 in.

C&A Appraisals (Randi :

van Gaard Studios was an art studio very active in the 60's 70s. While Lee Reynolds Burr was director of the Studios, he permitted his artisty to be signed "Van Gaard". However, he did very few himself, the history is that he would produce one original piece of art and then have his "assistant" artist copy the art, in a sense mass produced by a number of artists. His subject matter was very mid-Century and Retro. Because they are not considered fine art, the Van Gaard artworks are collected as decorative accents for a Retro theme in their homes. The value of each painting for insurance purposes is approximately $75-$100. For resale, less than $50 each. Interesting to note, the frames were also made "in studio" and are essential to the artwork. My very best, Randi

C&A Appraisals (Randi :

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also.

Customer:

Thank you for the information. I am not sure if this is part of your knowledge - but would you happen to know of places in Santa Fe or Albuquerque who would buy them? Or is it better to try to sell them on E-bay? Thanks again.

C&A Appraisals (Randi :

Due to their decorator rather than artistic "original" value, I would advise eBay or an online auction or mall you are familiar with. My best, Randi

C&A Appraisals (Randi :

Customer:

Thanks again.