Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles
54715563

I have a painting by De Corsi titled Entrata Del Lago that

I have a painting by De Corsi titled Entrata Del Lago that is in good condition and would like to know what the value is for this painting and what a guy could do with it

Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you. Could you please provide measurements and an image (it helps with the identification and grading).

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Will

The painting is 24"X 48" and I will try to attach a picture of it although I am not very good with a computer or a camera

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry Will

I will try to do attachments again but it keeps telling me the file size is too large and I'm not sure how to reduce it but will keep trying

graphic

Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Not a problem...this is a common issue...perhaps try this:

For files bigger than 1MB, go to a free file hosting website such as MediaFire.com (Photobucket.com, Snapfish.com, Flickr.com) and click on the Upload button. Then navigate to your file and select it, and click the Start Upload button. When the uploading has completed you will be given a link to download the file. Copy the link and paste it in your question, and the Experts will be able to click on the link to download the file.

If you cannot get your file uploaded or are not able to use the third party sites we've suggested, please feel free to forward your graphic or file to us here and we will forward it to your Expert (but please be aware this process can take 72 hours or more to process). The email address is [email protected] . Please note the name of your expert of choice, Will Gorges, and make sure the email address you are sending the image(s) from is the same you used when you subscribed to JustAnswer--if using a smart phone, just note your original email address in the text area. Thanks!
.

Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Well, in the interim...Nicholas De Corsi (1882-1956) has a value indicated range from $2,500 to $7,500 for most of his works and his recorded high was $28,544 at auction in 2008 in Milan, Italy. Your best bet for a completed sale would be a consignment to a premier auction house (Christies.com, Sothebys.com, HA.com) or you COULD try a direct venue such as artprice.com which allows a limited number of consigned listings...

You never really know the value until the auction hammer falls...Hope this helps, even without a picture! It likely would not change the range estimate anyway...would just help me judge overall condition. Best, Will

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Will

I'm going to try to find a way to send you the pictures again and in the mean time I except your answer

Thanks

Wesgraphic