Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles
54715563

Seeking retail value on what may be an African or AsXXXXX XXXXXen

Seeking retail value on what may be an African or AsXXXXX XXXXXen mask. Bought a mask today that I can't tell anything about -- whether it's some little $2 tourist shop piece or whether it might be something real. Guy I bought it from was selling a collection of nice, old things he inherited but he didn't know anything about this piece. Measures about 14.5 inches tall by 7 inches wide. Any sense of whether this is clearly a junk piece or whether it has some history? If the latter, where's it from and what's the retail value? If the former, no worries -- I'll throw it in my next yard sale. Can send photos.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you. Can you please provide images?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
graphicgraphicgraphic

Thanks for the prompt response...I do not think your mask is either vintage or African...it looks more like contemporary "regional" art from the Phillipines and Malaysia...very 20th century. It is a bit better than yard sale, though...they normally sell from around $65 to $115 and most are of mahogany...hope this helps! Best, Will

If my information has been of value to you, please remember to click the ACCEPT icon so I will be credited by JustAnswer for my time and efforts (at no additional charge to you). Thanks!