Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles
54715563

We own an original signed Jerome Bushyhead acrylic and would

We own an original signed Jerome Bushyhead acrylic and would like to have an appraisal. Is Mr. Bushyhead known in the Native American art world and is his work sought after?  Also, we would like to have the names of galleries/individuals who would be interested in his work.

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you. Can you please provide images and measurements? Jerome Bushyhead (1929-2000) was a well known Native American artist and produced many works. The images will allow me to see more of the theme of what you have and thus tighten down the estimated range. I look forward to assisting you.

Bushyhead

Jerome Bushyhead

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your response and we look forward to providing you with more information. We are very excited however, we are currently traveling and will forward to you as soon as we return home which will be early next week.

Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
Not a problem...just repost when you can and I will be pleased to assist you. If the question times out, just put my name, Will Gorges, in the subject line. Have a safe trip!
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

So sorry...we are not allowed direct contact with clients. Any email must go to [email protected] with a request for forwarding to my attention...I can tell you that this month the arts database was updated and Bushyhead is rated on the secondary market from $300 to $500 for an average work--gallery prices will normally be posted higher, but the numbers are not really valid since they are not based on concluded sales. At present, there are no listed wants filed for the artist in current databases. The last piece at auction was in April, 2011, but resulted in no sale...this is the gallery that offered it (below). Not really much more I can tell you, honestly, but I would like to see the work if possible. Best, Will

PS Please bear in mind that I am NOT an employee of JustAnswer--they provide a link to their clients (you) with experts (like me) and I have no input on their policies, procedures or billing--if I was allowed, I would gladly let you email me directly with the image but that is strictly forbidden. Hope you understand.

Butterscotch Auction Gallery

PO Box 168
Pound Ridge, NY 10576
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>mailto:[email protected]
http://null/#