Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

I have a set (37 books) called The Temple Shakespeare Collection.

Customer Question

I have a set (37 books) called The Temple Shakespeare Collection. Red leather covers. Published by JM Dent & Co, Aldine House, London in the 1890's. Books are all 4x5 inches. What might be they worth???
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

JM Dent was known for putting together economy priced collections of novels in a way that made them affordable without losing the quality.

You don't see too many complete collections. From what I've been able to find, the complete sets list on average in the range of $75 to $150.

Keep in mind that prices will vary a bit depending on the condition and where you try to sell it. Online markets (like Ebay) tend to go for less...sometimes as much as 25% less.

If you're looking to sell, I'd contact vintage book shops in your area. You might also check with local antique stores.

If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept (at no further cost to you) if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Thanks and have a great day,
Diana