Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.

I would like to know if 3 old cookbooks I have are worth anything.

I would like to know if 3 old cookbooks I have are worth anything. The first is a 1953 Good Housekeeping's Cookbooks. It's actually a collection of paper cookbooks all together in the original binder. The second and third books are 1955 Cooking Magic Fabulous Foods Step-by-Step Cookbooks #1 and #2 by Culinary Arts Institute. All 3 are in very good condition with only very minor wear to covers, all pages intact. Thank you!
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

On the Good Housekeeping binder, is it the big green binder? How many booklets are in it?

Here's an example:

Are the Cooking Magic Fabulous in binders too?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The binders are as shown on the first 2, the #2 edition from CAI is white with red spine. The Good Housekeeping binder has 19 books in it.
Wow. You've got a great set. I've seen the individual booklets listed for around $10 each depending on what it was.

For the Good Housekeeping binder, the prices seem to vary a bit depending on how many booklets are in it. For one from the early 1950s with around 20 booklets, you should looking at a value around $75 to $100.

For the Cooking Magic, I didn't find too many sets with both volumes. The value on these seems to run between $100 and $150.

Keep in mind that prices will vary a bit depending on the condition and where you try to sell it. Online markets (like Ebay) tend to go for less...sometimes as much as 25% less.

If you're looking to sell, I'd contact vintage book shops in your area. You might also check with local antique stores.

If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept (at no further cost to you) if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Congrats on having a couple of great sets. Old cookbooks are definitely collector items.

Thanks and have a great night,