Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

Value for Our Country by Benson J. lossing, LL.D. Vol. 1, 2

Value for Our Country by Benson J. lossing, LL.D. Vol. 1, 2 & 3; New York: Johnson & Miles 1877; Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1877, by Johnson & Miles, In the Office of the Librarian of Congress, at Washington.

Electrotyped by Smith & McDougal; Printed by Filmer & Class; over 500 illustrations by Felix O.C. Darley and Twelve Fine Engravings on Steel.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I've found copies of the 3 volumes set of Our Country from 1877 listed between $40 and $60 for each volume depending on the condition. I've also found listings of the 3 volume set for between $225 and $300. They command more of a price if sold as the complete set instead of parting them out.

Keep in mind that prices will vary a bit depending on the condition and where you try to sell it. Online markets (like Ebay) tend to go for less...sometimes as much as 25% less.

If you're looking to sell, I'd contact vintage book shops in your area. You might also check with local antique stores. You can also contact a book antiquarian. Specifically someone who deals with history. Here's some of the most promising I found. The fees for appraisals will vary, but they have great connections and might even have customers that are would be interested in your books.

1) PBA Galleries
133 Kearny Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108 USA
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
2) Bolerium Books
Contact: John R. Durham
XXXXX, Ste. 300
San Francisco CA 94110
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
3) Second Life Books, Inc.
Contact person: Russell Freedman
55 Quarry Rd. PO Box 242
Lanesborough MA 01237
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
4) Leave of Grass
Contact: Tom Nicely
2433 Whitmore Lake Rd.
Ann Arbor MI 48105
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Email:[email protected]

5) Town's End Books
Contact Person: John D. Townsend
132 Hemlock Dr.
Deep River CT 06417
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>

I hope one of these gives you a promising lead.

If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA. Remember, if you'd like to request me, you can put my name in the question and I'll get it.

Thanks and Good Luck,
Diana