Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

How much an Original Oil from Dan Cumpata call Far North or

How much an Original Oil from Dan Cumpata call Far North or Surrender aprox 24X36 with certificate of authenticy is worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 5 years ago.

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques. Using my resources to look into your inquiry, I was able to find that your art work by artist Dan Cumpata has a current market value of $2000 - $4700 USD at auction or in a private sale if authenticated original.

, DAN CUMPATA was born in Bucharest, Romania in 1959 and at a very young age showed a remarkable talent for drawing and had a thriving passion for art. Dan attended the Octav Bancila Art School at age 11. Than he finished his education, becoming a Master of Arts at the famous Iasi Art School. The year 1978 brought acclaim for Dan's first prestigious show. He was than awarded Artist of the Year and in 1979 he was awarded the Master's Award. He had numerous art shows all over Europe including Romania, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Italy and France. In 1987 he moved to US and today he's working out of his studio in Hagerstown, Maryland. He had numerous art shows around the country including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Carmel, Chicago, Hollywood and New York. In 1991 he was elected member of the Hollywood Arts Council. Dan Cumpata expresses himself using a broad spectrum of media including graphite pencil, charcoal and acrylic. However he is best known for oil paintings, pushing the boundaries and achieving a unique vibrancy unequalled by many other oil artists. His breathtaking scenes of landscapes and seascapes are intensely focused creations that capture the subtle qualities of sunlight, moonlight, shadows and shades of color. He has been futured in numerous publications, from Herald Mail to ArtNet Magazine. Today his work can be found around the world, in many art galleries and mostly private art collections. But wherever they are "Dan's own huge and luminous landscapes.

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, please click “ACCEPT” so JustAnswer will credit me for my time & work (at no further cost to you). Thanks!

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, AOA AM, CA