Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

Rudyard Kiplings The Jungle Book, copyright 1894 Harper &

Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book, copyright 1894 Harper & Brothers Copyright 1893,1894 The Century Company ...New York The Century Company 1910... W/swastika & signature... Hard back in fairly poor condition!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am pleased to assist you. I have searched recent sales of your Kipling and have found examples ranging from a low of $45 to a high of $135. Since yours is described as "poor" condition, it will likely sell in the $45 to $75 range. The example that sold for $45 was heavily water damaged and had the back cover present, but torn.

If I have been of assistance, please click the green ACCEPT button.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Book has complete cover but binding has come loose ... and seems as though may have been a library book? Has North Side High School w/line scratched through it! Vol. 2333 on front inside cover ...and Harry Witherspoon's signature...XXXXX on front inside cover... & H. Witherspoon on back inside cover! All hand written!

Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
Sounds interesting....your copy would be called "ex libris" or out of a library...there are LOTS of Harry Witherspoon's, however...hard to tell which one it was...good luck with it! Best, Will
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does this help or hurt the value? "ex libris"..And how do I find out more about the signatures?
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
If the person is a "somebody," it can increase the value quite a bit....but will take a LOT of time and effort to research the individual, perhaps more than the item is worth. You could try ANCESTRY.COM and see what you find!